The HCS program is basically a Medicaid program that has the ability to offer different services to the citizens of the state of Texas. But, this program is only valid for citizens who suffer from an intellectual disability or some type of related condition.
Undoubtedly, the main objective of this program is to help all Texas citizens live a “normal” life. Of course, that is not the only objective of this program. The HCS program also has objectives to complement the services provided by other programs and organizations. This entire means that this program does not have the ability to replace other programs. Actually this program does not work that way. This program offers extra help.
What Services Does The HCS Program Offer?
This program truly offers a wealth of services that have the ability to benefit any Texas citizen. Some of these services are as follows:
- Support for good employment
- Dental, nursing, residential, audiology, cognitive rehabilitation (specifically for people with brain injury), and respiratory services.
- Various types of therapies (physical, speech, and occupational)
- Behavioral and Transportation Support
- Nutrition and dietary services
- Assistive living devices
In addition, the HCS program may also offer other services (such as personal assistant and emergency response). In fact, the beneficiary can also receive unlimited prescriptions.
Who Can Benefit From This Program?
Basically all the services offered by this program are available to all citizens living in the state of Texas. However, it is only available to citizens who suffer from a disability that prevents them from living a “normal” life.
Some regulations for you to access these services are as follows:
- Have an IQ of less than 69, or if you suffer from an illness or disability and have an IQ of 75.
- If you suffer from “abnormal” behavior and do not fit in with society.
- You must not be enrolled in any Medicaid program.
Discover more of our services or learn more about our Texas Home Living Program.