Responsible for performing routine, simple maintenance duties in 12 group homes and the main office. Tasks may include anything from changing light bulbs, to unclogging toilets and washing machines, to tape & bed and painting repairs for holes in walls. Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot problems to determine if a simple repair will suffice or if licensed contractors need to be sought, to ensure the health and safety of clients living in the homes. Other duties may be assigned, including assisting in simple maintenance items for the company’s fleet of vehicles.
- Candidate is not required to be licensed but must be able to demonstrate the ability to satisfactorily complete simple repairs.
- Candidate must have reliable transportation, and the ability to travel to multiple sites in a day, primarily in the areas of Rowlett, Garland, and Wylie. Candidate must also have a current, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance, along with a good driving record.
- Candidate must have own tools.
- Routine maintenance tasks in residential homes.
- Routine/emergency maintenance tasks in a one-story commercial office building.
- Assisting with routine vehicle maintenance checks and coordinating delivery of vehicles to local mechanic if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Group Home Director or VP of Operations