The direct care staff provides consumers with assistance and support necessary for the consumer to complete personal care, health maintenance, and independent living tasks; participate in community activities and develop, retain, and improve community living skills.
The HCS Direct Care Staff reports to the Group Home Manager.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides continuous on-going active treatment by supporting all areas of Program training, operations, and the overall needs of the Consumer of the Group Home.
- Provide transportation for residents, via company vehicles and maintain status to legally operate company vehicles. (You must have a valid/current Texas Driver’s License enabling you to drive at all times.)
- Ensure the rights of the consumer, treating them with dignity and respect.
- Complete all documentation required for consumers and Company operations.
- Know and comply with all Company policies/guidelines per the policy and Employee Handbook/Guide books.
- Conduct all matters in a professional and mature manner while representing the Company.
- To stay alert and awake while on duty, ensuring a safe and clean living environment at all times.
- Model and reinforce all needs of consumers and group home operations by “leading by example”.
- Attend all in-services/training as scheduled to meet the needs of the Group Home, Consumer and the Company.
- Communicate timely all consumer, home and vehicle needs to the Home Manager.
- Assist/monitor all self-medication passes and the performance of tasks delegated by the Nurse. Immediately notify the nursing staff when an error is found or occurs.
- Encourage and support consumer to be active in Community events, outings and opportunities. Facilitate social interaction and socially valued behavior. Give consumers choice of their activities.
- Ensure menus and diets are followed.
Minimum age of 18. Must have a current, valid Texas Driver’s License with a minimum of one-year driving experience. Current automobile insurance. Must be available to work weekends. Current open shifts are afternoon/evenings and overnights. High School Diploma or GED. Full or part time hourly positions. No PRN.