Responsible for providing behavioral intervention and counseling services to IDD clients. Conduct interviews of clients and families to assess and review needs, monitor services on care plans, provide information and counseling support to clients and families, participate with service planning team to develop plans, provide in-service on treatment plans and other areas, maintain accurate records, prepare reports for legal action, give evidence in court if required, assist clients and families with personal problems that affect the quality of client’s lives, provide advice to caregivers, consult with other professionals as needed to provide insight on client needs. May provide supervision for interns.
In order to provide these services in our agency, you MUST have one of the following:
(A) is licensed as a psychologist in accordance with Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 501;
(B) is licensed as a psychological associate in accordance with Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 501;
(C) has been issued a provisional license to practice psychology in accordance with Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 501;
(D) is certified by DADS as described in §5.161 of this title (relating to Certified Authorized Provider);
(E) is licensed as a licensed clinical social worker in accordance with Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 505;
(F) is licensed as a licensed professional counselor in accordance with Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 503; or
(G) is certified as a behavior analyst by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct interviews with consumers and their families/LAR’s to assess and review their needs.
- Coordinate and monitor services on consumer’s Plan of Care.
- Provide information and counseling support to consumers and their families/LAR’s.
- Liaison with and make referrals to other service providers.
- Participating with the Service Planning Team when developing plans for the consumers.
- Participate in planning meeting for consumers being discharged from a hospital setting.
- Assess, develop, and implement treatment plans.
- Provide in-service on the treatment plans and other areas as needed to for the consumers.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Prepare reports for legal action.
- Give evidence in court (only with documented subpoena).
- Assist consumers and their families/LAR’s with personal problems that affect the quality of the consumer’s lives.
- Provide advice to caregivers and help plan for the consumer’s needs.
- Consult with other professionals such as medical professionals and therapists to provide insight on the consumer’s needs.
- Advocate for the consumers.
- To adhere to the HCS Principles for Evidentiary Certification that can be found at http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/HCS/index.cfm
- To adhere to the HCS Billing Guidelines that can be found at http://www.dads.state.tx.us/providers/HCS/billing_guidelines/bg-complete.pdf
- Obtain assistance as needed from Ph. D in Psychology when it is warranted.
- Provide supervision to interns when it is needed.