The Residential Services Monitor supervises and coordinates the delivery of residential assistance, including residential support, host home, supported home living, and supervised living. The HCS Residential Services Monitor reports to the Senior Executive Director through the Program Manager.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates the delivery of residential assistance services to the company’s consumers.
- Makes monthly contact with consumers either in person, e-mail, or by phone to discuss progress, problems, or plans.
- Completes Monthly Contact Sheets for all consumers and turns them in to Program Manager no later than the 15th of the month following the month of service.
- Completes all Progress Notes by the 3rd of the following month following the month of service.
- Ensures all referrals are made within one week of the request, i.e.: therapy and equipment
- Ensures that HCS services are provided as a lost resort, after private insurance, Medicaid, and other community services.
- Follows up on all referrals and state requests every two weeks and document the status.
- Returns all phone calls and e-mails as soon as possible, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Responds appropriately to all consumer crises.
- Participate in scheduled department meetings.
- Obtain prior approval before ordering Adaptive Aids and Minor Home Modifications.
- Ensures that all service providers’ documentation is read and filed within 2 weeks of receipt.
- Organizes and directs services to ensure compliance with applicable federal law, state certification principles for participation in the Home and Community Based Services program, and company policies.
- Ensures that residential services are delivered by qualified individuals.
- Ensures that all staff receives adequate and timely training, re-training, and evaluation.
- Ensures that documentation of all residential services delivered to consumers is accurate and timely in accordance with company policies and the applicable HCS Billing Guidelines.
- Ensures that documentation of all service providers to consumers is accurate iand timely in accordance with company policies and the applicable HCS Billing Guidelines.
- Ensures that services are delivered in accordance with consumer’s service plans.
- Monitors consumer’s IPCs to ensure sufficient units are in place to meet the consumer’s needs.
- Conduct all annual IPC planning meetings no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date to ensure continual delivery.
- Complete Implementation plans for consumers within 10 days of receiving the PDP from the Local Authority Service Coordinator.
- Coordinates and monitors the delivery of all waiver services.
- Supervises and coordinates transportation as needed.
- Coordinates consumer needs in scheduling and arrangements to facilitate consumer’s programs and/or care plan needs.
- Ensures the heath and welfare of all consumers.
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations applicable to the services provided in all Residential Support, Supervised Living, and Host Home homes.
- Provides technical assistance to consumers and Supported Home Living Staff.
- Routinely inspects all Residential Support, Supervised Living and Host Home for compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Coordinates medical needs with Nursing.
- Coordinates weekly activities to encourage community integration, including social events, family visits, and religious participation as desired.
- Ensures the consumer’s dietary needs are met as needed for each consumer in Residential Support, Supervised Living, and Host Home homes.
- Works closely with the Group Home Director, Group Home Coordinator, and Home Manager to ensure the consumer’s needs are met.
- Ensures the Local Authority Service Coordinator is notified in a timely manner as directed by HHSC.
- Ensures the Program Manager and Director of Nursing are informed of all changes in the consumer’s behavioral, medical, and overall status
- Reports all demographic information to the Billing Department immediately
- Reports all consumer hospitalizations and deaths to the Senior Executive Director and Billing Department immediately.
Ensures consumer’s charts are Survey Ready at all times
Minimum age of 18. Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in either Sociology, Social Work, or a related Human Services field of study. Must be fluent in oral and written English/Spanish. Must be self-directed and able to work both under supervision and as a team. High level of attention to detail and the ability to consistently meet deadlines. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must have a current/valid Texas Driver’s License with one year’s driving experience and current automobile liability insurance. Must have reliable transportation with the ability to visit clients as needed.