Under supervision performs general office work of minimal difficulty; performs related work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Receives, sorts, files and retrieves forms, correspondence and documents.
2) Verifies discrepancies and notifies appropriate personnel to make correction.
3) Processes documents to update and maintain files and records.
4) Processes and distributes confidential and sensitive documents.
5) May assist with and maintain simple filing systems.
6) Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment.
7) May record and document proceedings.
8) Answer and appropriately route incoming phone calls.
9) Enter service billing through CARE
Minimum age of 18. High School or GED. Must have a minimum of one year’s experience in medical billing/coding. Experience in the CARE system is a plus. Must be self-directed and able to work both under supervision and as a team. High level of attention to detail and the ability to consistently meet deadlines. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.