Click this link to view a realistic job preview video.
The Texas Home Living Attendant provides consumers with assistance and support services to consumers referred to Berry Family Services, Inc. as listed below. The Texas Home Living Attendant reports to the GR/Texas Home Living Program Manager
Employee agrees that these services may be provided at the consumer’s residence (“RESIDENCE”) or at a designated location agreeable to both Employee and BFS (“FIELD LOCATION”).
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Providing direct personal assistance with activities of daily living (grooming, eating, bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene);
- Providing assistance with meal planning and preparation;
- Securing and providing transportation and maintain status to legally operate company vehicles. (You must have a valid/current Texas Driver’s License enabling you to drive at all times.)
- Providing assistance with housekeeping;
- Providing assistance with ambulation and mobility;
- Providing reinforcement of counseling and therapy activities;
- Providing assistance with medications and the performance of tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse;
- Providing supervision of individual’s safety and security;
- Facilitating inclusion in community activities, use of natural supports, social interaction, participation in leisure activities, and development of socially valued behaviors; and
- Providing habilitation, exclusive of day habilitation.